LPC’s Strategic Affiliates Program connects our community with peer membership communities working in libraries, publishing, and scholarly communications. LPC’s leadership has regular touch base calls with each of our affiliates and occasionally invites their leadership to group discussions on topics of broad interest. This work helps us to support the ‘community of communities,’ to align our work and to avoid duplication of effort. However, it is largely invisible to LPC’s membership. To recognize our affiliates’ contributions to our community, and to connect our members to resources and opportunities in peer communities, we are publishing a series of Affiliate Spotlights on the blog in 2024.
The Library Publishing Group (LPG) of the Library Association of Ireland (LAI) supports all types of library publishing initiatives across the sector.
The LPG prioritises the following aims:
- To raise awareness of the Library Publishing movement in Ireland
- To disseminate information on the latest developments within the Library publishing sector nationally and internationally
- To mentor new library publishers and to showcase library publishing initiatives and successes in Ireland
- To forge links between open access and institutional publishing presses and libraries
- To liaise with relevant agencies such as the Library Publishing Coalition, the IFLA Library Publishing Special Interest Group, PKP and other key organisations.
- To promote and teach the Library Publishing Curriculum to Group members and across the library sector
LAI and LPC have focused our work together on connecting Irish library publishers with LPC resources, including providing speakers for LAI webinars. LAI members also consulted with LPC during our most recent revision of the Library Publishing Directory, to ensure that the Directory survey is accessible and relevant to Irish library publishing programs.