The Editorial Account Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that all publishing activity on the platform develops in a positive manner. This role involves the management of Ubiquity Press publications as well as helping to manage library/partner presses, as part of the Ubiquity Partner Network.
The role includes assisting library/partner presses in growing their publication platforms, via training and supporting external Press Managers and ensuring a smooth interoperation with the Ubiquity team. Journal management will also play a key role, with journal development and engagement with each editorial team essential to success.
The role includes delivering a high-quality service as each publication platform grows, ensuring a streamlined flow of articles/books through peer review, maintaining quality standards, promoting published content and developing editorial policy, as well as helping to negotiate contract renewals. The Editorial Account Manager is the central point of contact throughout the press, journal and book workflow, from acquisition through peer-review until publication and post-publication review. Contact with external Press Managers, journal editors, authors and site users will be frequent. Customer service and project management will play a large part of the role, making communication, organisation and time management valuable attributes.
- Act as first point of contact for assigned partner presses and their products
- Assist in the planning of both technical and policy development for the partner press
- Provide editorial support to press journals/book projects
- Negotiate contract renewals
- Manage customer expectations
- Set up and maintain journal platforms
- Train editors to manage submission/peer-review/copyediting etc
- Set and maintain quality standards & editorial policy
- Host regular calls/meetings with editors; providing support, monitoring article
- processing, and planning journal development
- Negotiate contract renewals
- Set specifications for new book projects & liaise with authors
- Manage submissions through the peer review and editorial processes
- Track projects through production and cover design
- Send books for post-publication review/promotion
- Experience of journal and/or book publication; ideally in an editorial, online, environment
- Knowledge of editorial processes and publication best practices
- Experience of developing publishing products over time
- Experience of communicating with authors/editors, or established academics
- Experience of setting up and leading projects
- Knowledge of open access publishing
- Clear and confident communicator
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent time and workload management
- Tech- and online-savvy
- Passionate about open access
- High standards and a great eye for detail
- Honesty and integrity held in high regard
Please send your CV and short covering letter to tim.wakeford[at]ubiquitypress.com .
Successful applicants will be invited for interviews, with the aim to make a quick decision.