The University of Oklahoma Libraries seeks to recruit a creative, mission-driven applications developer to join our Cloud Infrastructure & Development team in the Digital Strategies and Innovation Division. Reporting to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and operation of our library publishing and digital repository platforms.
Additionally, the position supports other key scholarly communication infrastructure, collaborating with colleagues across disciplines and organizational boundaries to plan, build, and operate key components of the OU Libraries technology strategy.
The employment package for this position may include the ability to work remotely.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must attach the following documents in pdf format:
– Cover Letter
– List of 3 Professional References
Hire will be contingent on submission of academic transcripts
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree, AND:
- 24 months of experience in application and software development
Equivalency/Substitution: Will accept 48 months related experience in lieu of the bachelor’s degree for a total of 72 months related experience
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds in respectful, equitable, and inclusive ways.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with end-users of varying technological backgrounds.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership skills to effectively coordinate and motivate project team members.
- Strong time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, and ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the PHP ecosystem and server platforms and experience with PHP-based web application design, development, and maintenance.
- Experience in Web Accessibility Standards (ADA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and Section 508 accessibility requirements).
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to develop unique software tools customized to meet the needs of University Libraries’ users and staff.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to use a computer daily.
- Experience with or evidence of understanding academic libraries and their users.
- Experience with the Islandora repository system or Drupal CMS.
- Experience with the Open Journal System.
- Understanding of mobile design UX/UI; knowledge of responsive design principles.
- Experience with database programming with SQL and Maria DB or MySQL.
- Experience with SOLR.
- Experience using website analytics tools to create meaningful reports.
- Experience with AWS cloud computing services, such as Lambda, Fargate, EC2, RDS, S3, and CloudFront.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community by recognizing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.