In order to make our program more accessible to members of the community who cannot attend in person, the LPC Program Committee has decided once again to livestream the 2019 Library Publishing Forum. We’re seeking interested volunteers to join us in a coordinated effort to capture and stream conference sessions live to Twitter (via Twitter’s livestreaming platform, Periscope).
Here’s how this will work:
- If you have a smartphone that you can use to capture and stream sessions to Twitter, and if you are interested in joining us in this effort, please let us know your name and contact information via this form by Monday, April 8. Please note that we will have access to campus wifi, so you will not be required to use your wireless data connection for this.
- Educopia’s communications manager will send a training manual to each volunteer and will be available to answer any questions before and during the conference. If a volunteer would like additional training ahead of the conference, one-on-one training sessions can be arranged.
- Educopia will provide tripods and microphones in each room to improve the quality of the streaming.
- Each volunteer will receive their livestreaming assignments (including session, room number and location, tweet text, and presenters) via email the week before the conference. We will take volunteer preferences for livestreaming assignments into account whenever possible.
- We will only stream presentations where the presenter has given us permission to do so.
We hope you’ll consider helping us make this year’s Forum more accessible and inclusive by volunteering to livestream sessions! Please do sign up if you’re interested, or feel free to email Hannah Ballard (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.