OU Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, experienced, and highly motivated individual to serve as the Director of Open Initiatives & Scholarly Communication. Successful candidates will:
- provide leadership and vision to design and implement creative, sustainable approaches in support of scholarly content creation and stewardship
- expand the culture of open and public scholarship across the University of Oklahoma
- promote a culture of open scholarship
- encourage OU faculty and graduate students to adopt open access research and publishing practices
This position is responsible for:
- planning, setting goals and priorities, and designing and monitoring the workflow of the Office of Open Initiatives and Scholarly Communication
- building partnerships and coordinating scholarly communication activities across campus, both in the Libraries and with campus stakeholders
- exploring emerging scholarly tools and workflows
- advocating for new models of scholarly sharing and open pedagogy
- supervision of two professional librarians
The position encompasses the diverse areas that comprise the scholarly communication landscape today–institutional repositories, library-based publishing, copyright in making and sharing scholarship, open access, and open education. Answering directly to the Associate Dean for Scholarly Communication and Resources, the position works closely with them to promote alternative scholarly communication models and transformational strategies for a sustainable collections budget.
Salary range of $68,000-78,000, based on experience. Applicants should provide a cover letter addressing and providing relevant examples related to the stated position expectations and skills requirements; resume; and names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references, including current or most recent supervisor. See full posting and apply at Requisition #220156.