Gettysburg College’s Musselman Library seeks a motivated and engaged individual for the Scholarly Communications Assistant position. The position provides critical support for the library’s scholarly communication program, which is built on the foundation of our institutional repository (The Cupola: Scholarship at Gettysburg College). Primary duties include creating metadata and uploading content to The Cupola, corresponding with campus authors and publishers regarding copyright permissions, and working with editors of journals published on The Cupola platform. Strong communication skills, acute attention to detail, and a collegial work style are essential. The Scholarly Communications Assistant will:
· manage workflows for processing new publications, presentations, and creative activities from faculty and student authors/creators;
· research copyright permissions and communicate with publishers and copyright holders regarding permissions;
· assign metadata and upload content into institutional repository;
· train and oversee student editors of journals hosted in Gettysburg’s institutional repository and support them as needed, and perform quality control checks as each issue is finished;
· support the College Authors Reception event; and
· provide support for outreach activities (such as Open Access Week) and assist with planning of library events related to student scholarship.
The successful applicant will actively contribute to a dynamic organization where every staff member makes a difference. This position reports to the Assistant Dean and Director of Scholarly Communications.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Experience with data entry; excellent attention to detail
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe
· Comfort with and ability to learn new technologies as needed
· Strong customer service orientation
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Familiarity with or interest in publishing formats
· Knowledge of US copyright guidelines
· Understanding of the scholarly communication process
· Experience using bepress Digital Commons
· Knowledge of basic HTML
· Experience using Photoshop
More information about the library’s programs, collections and staff can be found on our website www.gettysburg.edu/library
Please visit our website to submit application materials through our new on-line system: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/1752. Application materials must be received by July 22, 2016.
Hourly rate: $14.75 – $15.30 per hour, negotiable depending on education and experience
Status: Full-Time Support Staff
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.