The Public Knowledge Project (PKP) is seeking expressions of interest for a full-time or part-time Project Assistant. This is a student position suitable for a student in a Master of Library and Information Studies program, a Master of Publishing program, or another related post-secondary field.
To qualify for this position you must be a current student in a post-secondary program and continuing full-time or part-time studies in September, 2019.
The Project Assistant will participate in various projects in support of the Public Knowledge Project and related to library publishing, including:
- Data gathering and analysis;
- Policy reviews;
- Website development and content writing;
- Writing clear and readable technical documentation for users of open source software Open Journal Systems (OJS) and Open Monograph Press (OMP).
The student should have a demonstrated interest in and awareness of library publishing, in addition to the following attributes:
- Strong writing skills and the ability to translate complex technical material into plain-language text which is accessible to users with a broad range of technical expertise.
- Experience with writing web content and an understanding of principles and standards for writing for the web.
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, including team-work, presentation, oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a proven ability to multi-task effectively.
- Experience with data gathering and analysis and / or reviewing policy would be an asset.
This position offers a flexible working arrangement with the ability to work remotely. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to work independently under limited supervision.
The position may be full-time (35 hours / week), or part time (min 12 hrs / week) depending on the successful candidate’s availability.
Salary & duration
$24 – $26 / hr CAD, depending on experience.
The position is for an initial four-month contract (May – August, 2019) with the possibility of extension.
Please submit a one-page expression of interest outlining your skills, abilities, and interest in this position addressed to Kate Shuttleworth at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on April 26, 2019.