PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the full spectrum of daily operations of the digital repositories at WU Libraries including technical infrastructure, client services, and content management. The work of the incumbent will include supervising staff for metadata management and content strategy; directing content strategies and policies for repository content, managing the ingest and curation of content, developing appropriate workflows and schema for ingesting and maintaining data and digital materials, and coordinating the training and work of Libraries staff on use and workflows of the digital repositories.
- Collaborates with Library colleagues to develop technical infrastructure, workflows, and programmatic strategy across the WU Libraries for digital repository platforms, including digitized Special Collections, open access publishing, open educational resources, and management of other digital assets.
- Develops and implements procedures, workflows, and other necessary documentation for the institutional repository, in consultation with colleagues within the WU Libraries.
- Consults with faculty and researchers in relevant program throughout the WU community to promote the retention and accessibility of research output, promotes the repository to the campus community, and solicits content from university stakeholders.
- Professional Development and Service: Serve on Library committees and groups. Represents the Libraries on campus, nationally, and internationally in appropriate professional venues, and engage in professional activities outside of the University to stay up to date on developments in digital repository services and related professional areas.