Day/time: May 11, 2023, 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. ETD
Title: Making Beautiful Books and Articles: Lowering the Costs of Open Access and OER Publishing via Automated Typesetting
- Dione Mentis, Coko Foundation COO
- Christina Tromp, Ketida Project Manager
- Julie Blanc, Paged.js Developer
- Julien Taquet, Paged.js Developer
- Karen Lauritsen, Open Education Network, Publishing Director
Description: Library publishers are often beholden to contractual typesetting processes which can cost $3 – $5 per page and add weeks onto the production timeline. Pagedjs is an automated typesetting solution that is 100% open source and community driven which can drive down the cost and time to almost zero. The Coko Foundation team and the Open Education Network Publishing Director will present Paged.js and how it is used to produce beautiful books and articles for open access and OER publishing. Learn about the realities of automated typesetting from a team of experts with real word experience.