Beginning in 2018, The LPC Exemplary Service Award is given annually by the LPC Board to encourage community participation and leadership through service and to recognize a community member who has been instrumental in advancing the mission of the organization.
- Have contributed substantially to advancing the mission, vision, or values of the Library Publishing Coalition through service.
- Have served on an LPC committee or task force within the last three years.
- Be currently employed by an LPC member institution.
- Not be currently serving on the LPC Board.
Substantial contributions may include:
- Effective leadership of or exemplary contributions to a committee or task force.
- Advocacy on behalf of the LPC or the creation or strengthening of LPC relationships with other groups.
- Significant contributions to the creation of a new program within the LPC or to the expansion, or adoption, of programs and services for members.
Nomination and selection process
Any employee of an LPC member institution may nominate themselves or a colleague for the award. Nominations for the 2019 award will open in the fall.
Award and announcement
The award consists of a complimentary registration to the Library Publishing Forum and a $50 gift card, and the winner is recognized at the Library Publishing Forum. The announcement is also shared via the LPC email list and in the LPC quarterly update.