Day/Time: Wednesday, May 12, 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM
- Catherine Mitchell (CDL)
- Paul Walk (COAR)
- Katherine Skinner (Educopia)
- Zach Davis (Cast Iron Coding)
- Kristen Ratan (Stratos)
Following the “Next Gen Library Publishing (NGLP) Infrastructure” workshop at LP Forum 2020, which focused on community requirements gathering, this session will provide an update on the NGLP project’s substantial progress in the past year and offer attendees another opportunity to engage directly with this effort to develop community-led, values-based, flexible open infrastructure to support the growing publishing and repository needs of the library community.
The project update will focus on the following deliverables:
- A values & principles framework for the evaluation of vendors and technology partners
- A new catalog of open source tools and platforms available for scholarly publishing
- Two ambitious technology development projects to fill gaps and share data between existing open source platforms (Janeway, OJS and DSpace) for more robust, multi-stakeholder library publishing
- The establishment of mission-aligned service providers to host and manage this open infrastructure for library publishers
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate through polls throughout the presentations.