The registration deadline is May 11, 2018.
Registration rates (Library Publishing Forum)
- Standard: $300
- LPC member: $200 (limit two per member institution)
- Student: $50 (limited number available)
- Low- and middle-income countries: $50 (per World Bank classification, limited number available)
Registration rates (affiliated events)
- Owned by the Academy: A Preconference on Open Source Publishing Software: $50 (limit 100)
- KairosCamp Editors Workshop: free (limit 15)
Cancellation & refund policies
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- No-shows will not be refunded conference fees.
The 2018 Forum is hosted by the University of Minnesota Libraries. With over 47,000 students, the University of Minnesota Twin Cities is the flagship campus of the University of Minnesota system, and the state’s land grant university. The U of MN has been an active member of the Library Publishing Coalition since its initial project phase, publishing open journals, textbooks, monographs, and dynamic scholarly serials. The U of MN College of Education and Human Development is also the founding member and host of the Open Textbook Network and Open Textbook Library.
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street S.E., Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Travel and Accommodations
**The group rate at the Graduate Hotel will expire on Thursday, April 19th.**
We have reserved a block of rooms at a special rate ($160 for single or double occupancy) at the Graduate Hotel, across the street from the McNamara Center and accessible via tunnel. To reserve a room in the block, click the button below or call the hotel at 612-379-8888 and ask for the Library Publishing Forum.
Other Nearby Hotels
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis – University Area (approximately 7 blocks from conference venue)
- Days Hotel University Southeast (approximately 5 blocks from conference venue)
The Twin Cities’ MetroTransit runs light rail and bus services. The Blue Line light rail stops at both terminals of the MSP airport. To reach the University of Minnesota campus and the conference venue, you will need to transfer to the Green Line, which runs from downtown Minneapolis to downtown St. Paul. The Green Line East Bank stop is in front of the Graduate Hotel and close to the McNamara Center.
You can purchase single tickets, All-Day or 24-hour passes at rail stations (including the airport). If you are interested in unlimited rides on the Light Rail or City Buses for the duration of the Forum, Metro Transit recommends the 7-Day Go-To pass. You can order a Go-To pass online and have it mailed to you before you depart. (If you wait until you get to the Twin Cities to purchase a Go-To pass, you will need to visit a local retailer, or at a small number of service stations. They cannot be purchased at rail stations.) For more details, see Affordable Forum Resources.
Affordable Forum Resources
The Program Committee has created a crowdsourced, editable Google Doc with suggestions for affordable travel and housing at the Forum, including a “Roommate Wanted” section. Attendees are invited to add suggestions and resources to the document.
The Library Publishing Coalition is committed to providing an inclusive environment at the Library Publishing Forum, and we will do our best to accommodate requests for special assistance. Detailed information is available on the Accessibility F.A.Q.s page.